Recognition Assemblies will be held at the end of each quarter by grade level to celebrate students’ use of Lifeskills. Awards for Honor Roll for qualifying students in grades 4 & 5 will also be given. Parents will be notified in advance as to when the celebrations will be held.
The following are programs/activities I have designed to help me to get to know the children better and to recognize their academic accomplishments:
- Birthday Lunches with the Principal—The first Tuesday of each month I eat with children that have birthdays during that
- Principal’s Personal Best Board—Children’s work is displayed on the board for approximately two weeks. I return the work and the student selects a small
- Read to the Principal—Children come to my office to read to me. They receive a pencil and get their picture taken which is displayed on a board near the
Spring Valley Elementary has many opportunities for students to be involved. The following are some examples:
- Wildcat Jobs (by application, grades K-5)—students work in various capacities around the building.
- Student Council (grades 2-5)—students write an essay to be chosen as a member, they participate in activities to improve our school and community.
- Girls on the Run (grades 3-5)—girls participate in an after school program teaching lifeskills through activities and running. See girlsontherun.org for more information.
- Spring Valley Singers (grades 4-5)—students sing for our school and community.
Parents are invited to celebrate with their child by attending a special school wide Parade of Costumes in October and Holiday Sing Along in December.
TEAM NUTRITION SCHOOL
Spring Valley Elementary is a Team Nutrition School. This USDA program encourages students to make food and physical activity choices for a healthy lifestyle. The healthy snacks, lunch options and guidelines at Spring Valley are all in place to promote a healthy lifestyle to our students.
- Eat a variety of foods
- Eat more fruits, vegetables and grains
- Eat lower fat foods more often
- Get your calcium-rich foods
- Be physically active