- October 3rd is National Child Health Day!
- We are celebrating Bully Prevention Week October 3-7!
- Papa John’s Night is October 13th! Spring Valley will receive a percentage of the profits from sales.
- In recognition of Fire Safety Month, the Junction City Fire Department will provide materials and education on fire safety.
- Red Ribbon Week is October October 25-29. We will celebrate with a Spirit Week, Mrs. Jackson will share a schedule in the Parent Wildcat Weekly later this month.
- We are planning a Costume Parade out back on the access road on October 31st. More information will come home with your student later this month.
MESSAGE FROM MRS. JACKSON
The school year is already moving quickly! We will hold the first set of Parent/Teacher Conferences this month. Our goal and the district expectation is that teachers meet with 100% of parents. You should receive an email from your child’s teacherwith information on signing up for conferences through Sign Up Genius. If you have any questions regarding conferences, please contact your child’s teacher.
We will hold our first quarter Student Recognition Assemblies on October 28th. Parents are invited to attend. Our students are already using so many Lifeskills every day! One of my favorite things about Spring Valley is how the kids and staff all work together. SV is my happy place!
Oct. 3-7—Bully Prevention Week
Oct. 10—NO SCHOOL-Staff Development Day
Oct. 11—Booster Club Meeting in the library 4:30
Oct. 13—Booster Club- Papa John’s Pizza Night
Oct. 17—NO SCHOOL-Plan Day
Oct. 18 & 20—Parent Teacher Conferences 3:30-7:30
Oct. 21—NO SCHOOL- Parent Teacher Conferences 8:00-12:00
Oct. 25-29—Red Ribbon Week
Oct. 31—Costume Parade-2:00
Student Recognition Assemblies
First Grade 10:45
Second Grade 12:30
Third Grade 1:00
Fourth Grade 1:25
Fifth Grade 2:00
Assemblies will be held in the pods. All students receive a Lifeskill Award. Please stop at the office to check in. ID is required to be scanned the first time you check in at a USD 475 school.