- School Counselor Week is Feb. 1-5. We appreciate our counselor, Mrs. Hewitt!
- Parents of students in grades 3-5 please mark Thursday, February 11th on your calendar. We plan to hold Zoom Sessions to review Kansas Interim Assessment reports.
- We will celebrate Kindness Week February 15-19. Ask you students about the kind things they did!
- Wear a kindness shirt on Wednesday, February 17th to support Kindess Day!
- Send in your pop tabs to help us support the Ronald McDonald House. Our goal is to collect 100 pounds this month!
MESSAGE FROM MRS. JACKSON
I want to take this opportunity to thank all the parents for supporting our safety efforts. We appreciate the mask and hand sanitizer donations! Second semester is in full swing and students and teachers are working hard. Our students in grades 3-5 will take Kansas Assessments in April and May. Thus far this year, they have taken two Kansas Interim Assessments. These assessments are used to prepare students for the Math, Reading, and Science Assessments. We plan to hold Zoom Sessions on Thursday, February 11th to review the reports. You will receive your child’s scores prior to the meeting. The schedule is as follows: 3rd Grade (5:00-5:30), 4th Grade (5:30-6:00), and 5th Grade (6:00-6:30). We will email links prior to the meetings.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
Feb. 1-5-Super Bowl Spirit Week
Feb. 1-5 National School Counselor Week
Feb. 11-Zoom Meetings for Parents in
grades 3-5 (see Mrs. Jackson’s message)
Feb. 12-Spring Valley T-Shirt Day
Feb. 14-HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!
Feb 15-NO SCHOOL Professional Development Day
Feb. 15-19-Kindness Week
Feb. 17-Wear a Kindness T-Shirt to Support Kindness Day!
Feb. 19-Spring Valley T-Shirt Day
Feb. 26-Spring Valley T-Shirt Day
Super Bowl Spirit Week
Feb 1-Dreaming of a KC Chiefs Win—Wear pajamas
Feb 2-Touchdown Tuesday—Wear anything cheetah print or yellow
Feb 3-Winning Wednesday—Wear anything red or football gear
Feb 4-Head to Toe Crazy for the Chiefs—Wear a hat and/or crazy socks
Feb 5-Red Friday—Wear red or Chief’s gear
Please remember, Valentine’s Day is different this year due to COVID-19. Please do not send in anything for Valentine’s Day. We will have to send it back home. Also, please remember that we do not accept deliveries of flowers or balloons, etc. for students at school. Please have them sent to your home.