- We hope you can join us in the field behind the school at 1:30 on Friday, Sept. 27th for the Color Run!
- Our Freedom Walk was a great success! Thank you to all who participated!
- The office will continue to sell healthy snacks on Wednesdays for 50 cents.
- We are supporting the JCHS Bluejay Homecoming. A note was sent home of the theme for each day and a sign up for the parade. Themes are also on Facebook.
- Join us for the Costume Parade on October 31st. More information will be coming..
- Birthday Lunch with the Principal is the first Tuesday of each month
- Check out the Booster Club’s Giving Tree. See more information on the back of this newsletter
MESSAGE FROM MRS. JACKSON
The school year is already moving quickly! We will hold the first set of Parent/Teacher Conferences this month. The district expectation is that teachers meet with 100% of parents. The teachers stay late three evenings to help accommodate schedules. You will be receiving more information from your child’s classroom teacher.
Student Recognition Assemblies will be held in the Instructional Resource Areas in the pods on October 24th. Students will receive Attendance and Lifeskill Awards. Students in fifth grade are also eligible to receive Honor Roll Awards. Times are listed in What’s New section.
One of my favorite things about Spring Valley is how the kids and staff all work together. SV is my happy place!
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
Oct. 1—Booster Club 4:30-5:00
Oct. 7-11—Anti-Bullying Week
Oct. 8—Wear a blue shirt for a special Anti-Bullying Week activity!
Oct. 11—NO SCHOOL-Plan Day
Oct. 14—NO SCHOOL Professional Development Day
Oct. 17, 21-22—Parent Teacher Conferences 3:30-7:30
Oct. 24—Recognition Assemblies
Oct. 25—NO SCHOOL
Oct. 31—Costume Parade—Afternoon Time TBD
Halloween will be here soon! Just a reminder that we do not have “parties” in class. Students will make a healthy snack with ingredients provided by our MyPlate Nutrition Grant. No treats will be accepted. We welcome parents to join us for our Annual Costume Parade!
We are participating in Crayola ColorCycle Through this initiative, students in K-12 schools across the continental United States and parts of Canada can collect and repurpose used Crayola markers. Please send in your old markers and we will recycle them.
We hope you can join us for our first set of Recognition Assemblies on Oct. 24th!
10:45-First Grade 11:30-4th Grade 12:00-5th Grade 12:30-2nd Grade 1:00-Kindergarten 1:30-3rd Grade