- We all enjoyed the Kansas Day activities, the students learned lots of things about our state!
- The students are having a great time on the rock climbing wall!
- Second Chance Breakfast begins February 4th
- The Scholastic Book Fair opens February 28th and ends March 5th
MESSAGE FROM MRS. JACKSON
In an effort to adhere to school nutrition guidelines, we use our My Plate grant to provide a healthy snack at classroom celebrations and encourage the focus to be on activities, not food. We are also obligated to follow allergy guidelines and that is why we do not allow food to be brought in. Please continue to help us meet these guidelines by not sending in snacks for Valentine’s Day. Also, please remember that we do not accept deliveries of flowers or balloons, etc. for students at school.
Parent Teacher Conferences begin in February this year. The district expectation is that each school have 100% participation. Please be on time for your conference so teachers can remain on schedule for other families.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
Feb. 4- First Day of Second Chance Breakfast
- Booster Club 4:30
- Site Council 5:15
Feb. 12-Kindergarten Music Program 6:30
Feb. 14-HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!
Feb 18-NO SCHOOL Professional Development Day
- First Night of Parent Teacher Conference 3:30-7:45pm
- Scholastic Book Fair open 8:30a.m.-7:15p.m.
- Booster Club Family Movie Night Doors Open-5:00 Movie Begins-5:30
Booster Club Family Movie Night is February 28th. The students voted and the winning movie is Over the Hedge. Doors open at 5:00 and the movie begins at 5:30. This is a family event and students must be accompanied by a parent/guardian to supervise them. If you need to leave to attend your parent teacher conference, please let an adult know. There is no entry after 5:45 to prevent disruption of the movie. Students should remain in the gym unless attending conferences with their parent.
Parent Teacher Conferences are a little different this year. The dates and times are:
- Thursday, February 28, 3:30p-7:45pm
- Monday, March 4, 3:30-7:45pm
- Tuesday, March 5, 3:30-7:30pm
You will be receiving an appointment slip from your child’s teacher.