- Our Freedom Walk was a great success! Thank you to all who participated!
- The office will continue to sell healthy snacks on Wednesdays for 50 cents.
- Red Ribbon Week will be celebrated October 22-24.
- First and Fifth Grade Students began D.A.R.E. lessons
- October is Fire Prevention Month and Bully Prevention Month
- Join us for the Costume Parade on October 31st at 2:15. Chairs will be set up along the main hallways for families
- Birthday Lunch with the Principal is the first Tuesday of each month
MESSAGE FROM MRS. JACKSON
The school year is already moving quickly! We will hold the first set of Parent/Teacher Conferences this month. The district expectation is that teachers meet with 100% of parents. The teachers stay late two evenings to help accommodate schedules. You will be receiving more information from your child’s classroom teacher.
Student Recognition Assemblies will be held in the Instructional Resource Areas in the pods on October 19th. Students will receive Attendance and Lifeskill Awards. Students in fourth and fifth grades are also eligible to receive Honor Roll Awards.
One of my favorite things about Spring Valley is how the kids and staff all work together. SV is a great place to be!
Halloween will be here soon! Just a reminder that we do not have “parties” in class. Students will make a healthy snack with ingredients provided by our MyPlate Nutrition Grant. No treats will be accepted. We welcome parents to join us at 2:15 in the pods for our Annual Costume Parade!
In addition to the after school time, there is some availability for flu shots during the school day on October 17th. Please contact the office for paperwork. There is no cost for the children’s flu shot.
We hope you can join us for our first set of Recognition Assemblies on Oct. 19!
- 12:00-5th Grade
- 12:30-2nd Grade
- 1:00-3rd Grade
- 1:30-4th Grade
- 2:00-1st Grade
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
Oct. 5—Walk a Mile Day at 2:15
Oct. 8—NO SCHOOL Professional Development Day
Oct. 11—Incredible School Lunch Day
Oct. 12—NO SCHOOL-Plan Day
Oct. 17—Geary County Health Department Flu Shots 3:15-5:00
Oct. 22-24—Red Ribbon Week
Oct. 23-24—Parent Teacher Conferences 3:30-7:30
Oct. 25—Parent Teacher Conferences 8:00-12:00
Oct. 25-26—NO SCHOOL
Oct. 31—Costume Parade 2:15